Presidential Election 2020

Lydia Allen, Dedicated Writer

The time has rolled around for another election for the President of the United States.  Next Tuesday, November 3rd, is Election Day!

The two candidates are Donald Trump running for re-election and Joe Biden, President Obama’s former Vice President, running this time to be the President. But there could always be a president elected from a smaller party.

Each president runs with a companion vice president and they will be elected together. Biden is running with Kamala Harris and Trump is running with Mike Pence. Harris is hoping to be the first female vice president of the United States.

This election is no joke.  It will decide who will live in the White House for the next four years.

This is a mail-in ballot with the list of the presidential candidates.

The legal voting age is 18 which this reporter is highly disappointed about because she feels it is not fair that she is not allowed to share her voice because of her age. But that doesn’t mean you have to ignore what is going on if you are a student.  You can still convince an eligible voter to change their mind if you are passionate about one candidate.

Teachers and everyone over the age of 18, please vote so that you can share your voice and help decide who will run your country for the next 4 years.

The election will formally take place on Tuesday, November 3.  Early voting in many states has been happening for a while, and there is also the option of mail-in voting.  All of this means that the results of the election likely will not be available until Wednesday, November 4th.