What do we LOVE?

Wally the Wolverine, Dedicated Writer

A Few Favorites from a Few Westlake Staff and 6th Grade Students

What food do you just LOVE? Explain why.

Taco Bell because who doesn’t and Starbucks frappuccino because they are delicious.”  -Sophie Davis, 6th

“Chicken Tikka Masala because it has lots of flavors”. -Ollie Pearson, 6th

“I love smoothies! I love them because you can customize them in so many different ways. They are also quick and easy.”  -Brooke Hoffman, 6th

“I love steak because of how juicy it is and how it melts in your mouth.”  -KaDen McGlew, 6th

“Italian!! I just really love pasta and yummy sauces.”  -Mr. Novotny, Assistant Principal

“I love brownies! My mom always made them for me as a kid and they always taste so delicious!”  -Caroline Davis, 7th grade Social Studies Teacher

“I love milk chocolate because it always makes me feel happy.”  -Emma Fitzhugh, Educational Interpreter

What book do you just LOVE? Explain why.

“I love the Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children series because you always want to know what happens next, it is mystery and adventure, and it is just amazing.”  -Sophie Davis, 6th

“I love Where the Red Fern Grows. I love it because it is really sweet and wholesome but also sad.”  -Brooke Hoffman, 6th

“I love the book Wonder because it reminds me of myself when I was going through what he goes through.”  -KaDen McGlew, 6th

“Anything by Jon Krakauer.”  -Mr. Novotny, Assistant Principal

“My favorite book is The Hobbit. I read it in middle school and watched the movie series when it came out. If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend you do!”  -Caroline Davis, 7th grade Social Studies Teacher

“I love the Harry Potter series because it is very complex and magical.”  -Emma Fitzhugh, Educational Interpreter

What movie do you just LOVE? Explain why.

“I like Enola Holmes because it is a good Mystery and the Characters are easy to like. I also like Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children because it keeps you on your toes.”  -Sophie Davis, 6th

Star Wars Episodes 1-9 because of the powers”  -Ethan French, 6th

The Croods New Age.”  -Chelsie Ailyn Mejia, 6th

“I love Miracle Worker. I love it because it’s really nice to hear about Helen’s remarkable story.”  -Brooke Hoffman, 6th

“I love the movie Peanut Butter Falcon because of just how funny it is.”  -KaDen McGlew, 6th

“My favorite movie is Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. I really like the start of stories where there is danger, but everyone is so full of hope.”  -Caroline Davis, 7th grade Social Studies Teacher

“I love “City of Angels” because I believe the premise is fascinating.”  -Emma Fitzhugh, Educational Interpreter

What video game do you just LOVE? Explain why.

World of Tanks Blitz because of the tanks.”  -Ethan French, 6th

“Minecraft because it is GREAT.”  -Ollie Pearson, 6th

“I don’t play video games <3”  -Lexi Pfannenstiel, 6th

“Obviously my fav would be Zelda. I like the story and how all the dungeons are really like puzzles you have to solve.”  -Caroline Davis, 7th grade Social Studies Teacher

“I love anything Super Mario because I think it’s a classic.”  -Emma Fitzhugh, Educational Interpreter

WHOM DO YOU ADMIRE A GREAT DEAL? What person – dead or alive, real or fake, famous or someone you know – is worthy of your love/admiration? What is it you love & admire about this person?

“My parents because they are good examples, my pets, my best friend, Millie Bobby Brown because she stands up for equality.”  -Sophie Davis, 6th

“A YouTuber who plays Roblox giant simulator and has everything in the game.”  -Ethan French, 6th

“Shea McGee she is an amazing interior designer and my parents :)”  -Chelsie Ailyn Mejia, 6th

“I admire a youtuber\streamer named Tommyinnit. I admire him because he is only 16 yet he is the biggest streamer on twitch. He is also really mature for his age. Not to mention he is really funny!”  -Brooke Hoffman, 6th

“I admire Mrs. Skattum because she is very nice and she can put up with me and most teachers cant do that.”  -Lexi Pfannenstiel, 6th

“Juice Wrld inspires me because of how good his music is.”  -KaDen McGlew, 6th

“Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles), Castiel (Misha Collins), Sam Winchester (Jared Padalecki), John Winchester or Negan ( Jeffrey Dean Morgan)”  -Shy Geist, 6th

“There are so many good people out there, it is really hard to choose just one. For today, let’s say my dad – he loved helping other people, even when it wasn’t convenient.”  -Mr. Novotny, Assistant Principal

“My grandma Becky – she is my favorite person. I miss how kind she was, how thoughtful and considerate she was with others, and how hard she worked to set a good example for our family. She is where I got my love for Christmas sweaters and dangly earrings.”  -Caroline Davis, 7th grade Social Studies Teacher

Abraham Lincoln! He continued to lead the United States for two terms, even while suffering from severe mental health issues as a result of his wife and the death of his two children. He was very tall, intelligent, and a great leader. He signed the charter for Gallaudet University in 1863, he led the US through the Civil War, and signed the Emancipation Proclamation as well as the 13th Amendment. I love the Lincoln Memorial, and the fact that he is on two forms of currency.”  -Emma Fitzhugh, Educational Interpreter