Westlake is going to have a new principal!

Image from Westlake

Image from Westlake

Shivani Pujari, Editor-in-Chief

After Dr. Rachel Heide left the position of principal at Westlake at the end of the last school year, an interim principal, Mr. Jami Miller, occupied her position for the current school year.

Now, Westlake has found a new principal — Mr. Terrell Price, who is one of the current Assistant Principals. Below is a short interview the Westlake Observer conducted to get to know Mr. Price, the new principal of Westlake Middle School.

Questions about Mr. Price and Westlake:

Question: What are you most excited about in terms of being the new principal?

Mr. Price: I am excited to work with a very motivated population. Since starting at Westlake last fall, the commitment that the students, staff, and community has shown to the school of Westlake excites me.

Q: What is your background in education?

A: I received my Bachelors of Arts in History and my 7-12 teacher endorsement from Colorado State University (GO RAMS), and then I went on to receive my Masters Degree in School Administration from the University of Phoenix.

Q: What advice do you have for students?

A: Be present in the moment. Your time in middle and high school will pass by quicker than you think, so take some time and enjoy where you are at on your educational journey.

Q: What would you like the staff and students of Westlake to know about you?

A: That I feel very excited, fortunate, and humbled to be given the opportunity to work with and alongside all of you in the coming years. 

“Get to know you” questions:

Q: What is something fun about you that students would be interested in knowing?

A: One of my favorite things is spending time with my three wonderful kids and watching them learn and grow together as a family and individually.

Q: What is your favorite story from the school newspaper so far?

A: “Thanksgiving Gratitude.” We all have a lot to be thankful for, and we can all do a better job in expressing this to the people around us.

Q: What have you been doing to stay sane during COVID?

A: Because I am fortunate to live in a place that is more remote, I have taken every opportunity to be outside with my family and enjoy the lifestyle that we are very fortunate to lead.

Q: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

A: Chocolate almond