What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day food?

Thomas McKevitt, Dedicated Writer

Most people have a favorite Thanksgiving Day food. It might be the creamy mashed potatoes, the homemade casserole, the stuffing (my favorite) or even just the turkey! With Thanksgiving break coming up next week, families are getting ready to make their favorite dishes. 

I decided to survey 40 students at Westlake. That included 20 sixth graders and 20 eighth graders. I asked them the following questions:

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish and why?

What is your favorite Thanksgiving dessert and why?

Which kind of potatoes like better? Mashed Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes?

Here are some of the results:

Results

Q1: A lot of students at Westlake really like mashed potatoes. 42.5% of the students who took the survey of the students said mashed potatoes was their favorite Thanksgiving dish while 22.5% of the students answered turkey was their favorite Thanksgiving dish.

Q2: What were the students favorite desserts? Well, 40% of students at Westlake said that pumpkin pie was their favorite Thanksgiving dessert while 27.5% of students said a different kind of pie was their favorite dessert. That meant 67.5% of the people I surveyed said that pie was their favorite Thanksgiving dessert.

Q3: An astonishing 85% of people said that they liked mashed potatoes rather than sweet potatoes. This meant only 15% of the students I surveyed said they liked sweet potatoes better!

Final Thoughts

The survey shows that the majority of the students I interviewed said pie was their favorite Thanksgiving dessert while a lot of them said mashed potatoes was their favorite dish. What are your thoughts? I’ll give you a chance to answer too! Make sure to answer the poll below!

This poll has ended.

Which of these is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.